Thursday, April 14, 2011

An Affecting Scene

It was late when they arrived home, but the lights were still on in the house.

Let's climb onto the window ledge, said Baby Pierre, and look through the window.

I can't get up there, said Frog. I'll wait down below.

So Ageless and Baby Pierre made their way up the wall, and on to the ledge and looked in through the window.

There's mummy! said Baby Pierre, pointing to Pierre in the corner. And there's the Manifest Stone.

That's your mummy? said Ageless. She has.... most unusual features.

Yes she has, said Baby Pierre. One of them is that she is bossy. Another is that she is religious. A third is that she is stupid.

I meant her appearance, said Ageless.

Don't be rude about my mummy! said Baby Pierre.

Sorry, said Ageless. The Manifest Stone looks .... less irregular.

The Manifest Stone is boring, said Baby Pierre. It never does anything. It just is.

Ah! said Ageless.

What do you mean, "Ah!"? said Baby Pierre. Don't tell me you are religious?

Well, said Ageless, I do tend to want to believe in something. I told your Aunt Kobo once that I believed in a Universal Creative Lobsterian Force...

Oh I remember, said Baby Pierre. She laughed so much she fell into the sink.

You mean that was TRUE? said Ageless, impressed.

Yes, it was true, said Baby Pierre. But she didn't get out of it by praying. Look, that's her over there! Near that pot. That pot wasn't there when I left. Nor were those white roses. And ....oh no! .....look!

Ageless looked.....

No comments: