Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just Watch Baby Pierre

Gaius was pleased with his Smart Phone. He was playing around with it, downloading train timetables and French dictionaries, when Margaret arrived.

Guess what I've got, she said.

What? asked Gaius.

A Tablet, said Margaret. It can do everything.

A magic pill! said Gaius. Let me see!

No, silly, said Margaret, it's a new Android Tablet, I can use it for Facebook and Blogger and emails and downloading music and it even functions as a metal detector.

I don't believe it, said Gaius. Not about the metal detector.

We shall see, said Margaret. I hope it does. I like metal detecting. I shall go metal detecting in the Pyrenees.

So shall I, said Gaius.

But first, said Margaret, I'm looking forward to Paris.

I know, said Gaius. But you know I'm not keen on Paris.

Nonsense, you'll love it, said Margaret. Have you packed some smart clothes?

No, I haven't said Gaius. I don't have smart clothes.

Just as long as you don't pack those green clogs, said Margaret.

Gaius said nothing to this.

Baby Pierre was listening from his spot on the window sill.

They're going to Paris, he thought. And they're not even French.

He turned to his mummy, Pierre.

They're going to France, said Baby Pierre. It's not fair.

Many things in this life are not fair, said his mummy.

I'm going with them, said  Baby Pierre. I deserve to. I'm French.

You're not French, said his mummy. You're millions of years old. And you're not invited. But don't let that stop you.

I won't! said Baby Pierre. Just watch me.



No comments: