Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fatherly

Let us now speed things up a little.

It is Sunday morning. The four girls are playing Paintball. They are playing it without the guns.

They throw paintballs at one another from behind barrels.

Let's play it without the paintballs as well, suggests Belle et Bonne. It'll be so much less messy.

Yes, let's, says Irma, who loves Belle et Bonne, for guessing wrongly that she was fourteen.

They play Paintball without the guns and the paintballs.

Ridiculous! says Professor Freud, observing from the sidelines with Sweezus. They've turned it into a game of hide and seek.

Sweezus and Professor Freud have been chatting. They have something in common. 

I hear you're not fond of Easter, said Freud. That's interesting. Neither am I.

Yeah, right, says Sweezus. I'll be glad when it's over.

Do you want to know why I don't like it? asks Freud.

You're Jewish, says Sweezus. Like I used to be.

That's why I don't care for it, says Freud. Not why I don't like it. I don't like it because it's too quiet.

I don't like it because it's too mental, says Sweezus.

Freud's ears prick up.

Tell me about it, he says. Is it something to do with your....father?

No way, says Sweezus. It's something to do with me.

No, no, says Freud. It will be something to do with your father.

Dream on, professor, says Sweezus. Do you know what you need?

No, said  Professor Freud, heavily. What do I need?

To get out of the meatworks, says Sweezus. Get away from this crap Paintball business. Forget the Laws of Motion. Come back to town. Get involved with some new ideas. Go to free public lectures. That's what we do. Well, not me.  I'm a writer. But you could go with the girls. And The VeloDrone, and Le Bon David, your friends.

And now Freud becomes very excited.




No comments: