Sunday, April 1, 2012

It Just Goes to Show

Belle et Bonne came over.

Why are you all so silent? she asked.

We're thinking about bicycles, said The Velodrone.

I'm not, said Professor Barnsley. I'm thinking about going home.

You know, said Belle et Bonne, I think you three could use an attractor.

So you did understand my talk, said the professor. And how could we use an attractor?

Well, said Belle et Bonne, you all want something. But you aren't connected. I shall be the attractor.

Professor Barnsley looked suspicious. Was she still going on about underwear?

The VeloDrone looked doubtful. What could she up to?

Le Bon David looked away. This might become embarrassing. Was the bar still open? No, it was closed.  He shifted uncomfortably.

Belle et Bonne smiled a dazzling smile.

Professor, she said, you want to sell lots of Frango Camera apps. Papa and David, you want the professor to write an article for Velosophy.

Do you? The professor was astonished. Why didn't you ask me? I would have considered it.

Would you? said The Velodrone. Wonderful.

Yes, wonderful, echoed David.

I would have, said Professor Barnsley, but now...

Oops, said Belle et Bonne, looking quickly at her papa. But now you want to advertise in return for an article.

It's a brilliant idea, said the professor.

No it isn't, said The Velodrone. We don't allow advertising.

In that case, said Professor Barnsley. I'm off  home. On my bike. Good night young woman, good night gentlemen. Thank you for attending my talk.

He walked out of the room.

It was a good talk, said Le Bon David. And we got out of that sticky situation quite well. It just goes to show...

What? snapped Belle.

The Velodrone shook his head at David.

Nothing, said David. Nothing at all.











No comments: