Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bridge-Crossing Noodles.

On the bus back to Qujing, whispered conversations....

Sikong Shu: Do you think this is wise? To split up the party?

Doctor Zhu Min: Science must take priority. Lavender must go to Beijing.

Sikong Shu: But do you really want to take Arthur? He strikes me as dangerous.

Doctor Zhu Min: I suppose you would know.

.........

Gaius: But Margaret, you must see that some subtlety is required.

Margaret: Don't make me laugh.

Gaius: The thing is, I don't mind staying, if I can see the Kuanti Formation.

Margaret: Capitulation. And you're calling it subtlety.

Gaius: I see I shall not convince you. But there is a more pressing problem.

Margaret: What is it?

Gaius: Arthur has the scraper.

Margaret: Gaius, I have a scraper.

Gaius: Margaret. I could hug you.

Margaret: But  you won't.

.........

Rosamunda: It sucks, Arthur. You get to go to Beijing and you don't even want to. I'd love to go but I can't.

Arthur: I never do anything I don't want to.

Rosamunda: What about Sikong Shu?

Arthur: Neither does he.

.........

Ouvert: You're going to prison.

Lavender : I'm not going to prison. I'm going to Beijing.

Ouvert: Prison. For lying.

Lavender: The Institute. For being a wonder of science, and knowing the Entelog-thingummy.

Ouvert: You never DID.

Lavender: And for being spiritual. Like Arthur.

Ouvert: Arthur! Spiritual!  I could tell you.....

Lavender: La la la....

........

The bus arrives in Qujing.

It is time for dinner.

Doctor Zhu Min takes them out to a restaurant, for Steamed Pot Chicken, and Bridge-Crossing Noodles.



No comments: