Tuesday, October 8, 2013

You Are Under A Cloud

I hope I may visit the Kuanti formation, says Gaius. That is, if it is still here.

Of course it's still here, says Doctor Zhu Min. But there's no hurry. You promised to show me your pebbles.

Pardon? says Gaius. My pebbles ...oh, you mean Ouvert and Lavender? I don't think I know where they are.

Arthur takes Ouvert out of his pocket.

Poo! says Ouvert. It was getting too crowded in there!

 Doctor Zhu Min examines Ouvert from different angles.

Two mouths, says Doctor Zhu Min. One gaping, one grinning. That is highly significant. Were any teeth noted?

Teeth! squeaks Ouvert. Yes! Teeth noted!

He bites Doctor Zhu Min on the finger.

Doctor Zhu Min drops him onto the restaurant table.

Entelognathus had a lower jaw formed of multiple bones, but no teeth, observes Doctor Zhu Min.

Fascinating, says Gaius. I can't wait to see it. Though it seems that I must.

I apologise, says Doctor Zhu Min. May I speak frankly? You are under a cloud.

A cloud? says Gaius. What is it?

Some pronouncements in your Natural Histories were unfavourable to China, says Doctor Zhu Min. We need to be sure that you will not repeat them, before you arrive in Beijing.

I wrote my Natural Histories a long time ago, says Gaius. What is the problem exactly?

I think we'll leave it there for the time being, says Doctor Zhu Min. This afternoon Sikong Shu and I will take you to visit the Luliang Colourful Sands Forest, an AAAA tourist attraction.

Wonderful, says Margaret. I should love to go there. I do know something about it.......

Me too, says Rosamunda.

Tell us, Rosamunda, says Margaret.

It's a whole forest made of colourful sands, says Rosamunda. It's in Luliang. It's an AAAA tourist attraction....

Margaret can't believe Rosamunda will get away with this bit of rehashed information.

But Doctor Zhu Min and Sikong Shu nod approvingly, while Gaius looks proud of his young protegée.

And Arthur seems to think it is funny.



No comments: