Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Prospering Mushroom

ON THE BUS TO LULIANG:

Gaius: I wish you would tell me what it is I'm supposed to have said.

Doctor Zhu Min: All right. You said the Chinese were above average height, had golden hair, blue eyes and harsh voices.

Gaius: Is that all? I think you'll find that I was quoting someone else.

Doctor Zhu Min: And that makes it excusable?

Gaius: Not for them. However, it was a long time ago. I may write a sequel.

Doctor Zhu Min: There are other objections...

Gaius: Other misunderstandings.

Doctor Zhu Min: Perhaps.

........

WALKING THE TRAIL TO THE COLOURFUL SANDS FOREST:

Rosamunda: I hope this'll be worth it.

Arthur: I hope someone brought snacks.

Sikong Shu: I have brought snacks.

Margaret: Ooh! What have you brought?

Sikong Shu: Deep fried flour cakes, cloud ham, cow liver mushrooms, rice sausage with pig blood.

Lavender: Yerk!

Margaret: Lavender! Where did you pop up from?

Lavender: I was hiding from Doctor Zhu Min.

........

IN THE HEART OF THE COLOURFUL SANDS FOREST:

Gaius: Astonishing! What colours! When were they formed?

Doctor Zhu Min: In the Cenozoic Era, a result of the  tectonic movement of the Himalayas three hundred and forty million years ago. The mounds, pillars, caves,  peaks and beaches you see were formed from red, yellow, white, gray, indigo, blue and black layers of sand.

Margaret: And what wonderful sculptures! Look at that one! What is it?

Doctor Zhu Min: That one is 'Student Observing Imperial Scroll'.

Sikonhg Shu: My favourite sculpture is elsewhere.

Arthur: What is it?

Siking Shu: 'Prospering Mushroom'. Come with me. I'll show you.

Arthur and Sikong Shu disappear into the forest.

Ouvert ( in Arthur's pocket, and also disappearing ): Weee! Haha!

Lavender: Get lost Ouvert, and stay lost!

Doctor Zhu Min: You must be Lavender. Pleased to meet you.

Lavender:  Oops! Not pleased to meet you.

Gaius: Lavender has something to tell you, about the Entelognathus. She claims to have known him.

Doctor Zhu Min: You don't say?

Lavender: I do say. I might say. But not here.



No comments: