Sunday, January 24, 2016

From Fwoooof......To Rocket

Stage Six. The final Street Circuit in the Tour Down Under.

Caleb Ewan wins the stage. The pocket rocket.

Simon Gerrans wins the Tour Down Under for the fourth time.

Is this remarkable or becoming tedious?

And does anybody care......

The giant inflatable bicycle in Victoria Square fwoooofs down slowly.

Fwoooooof.........

..........

Next day ( today):

Right, says Gaius, Arthur, I'm waiting for an answer.

I'll come with you, says Arthur.

Good man, says Gaius. Find out how we get tickets for the ferry.

........

In the Velosophy office, later.

Sweezus (answering the phone): Yep?

Arthur: I'm going to Kangaroo Island with Gaius, on the ferry.

Sweezus: Whaaa! You must be joking!

Arthur: Why?

Sweezus: Why pay MONEY to go surfing?

Arthur: I don't think we'll be surfing. He wants to look for fossils.

Sweezus: Fossils ! Cool!

Arthur: You think so?

Sweezus: Yeah I think so.

Arthur: You should come too.

Sweezus: I'll have to tee it up with the boss first. He's starting rehearsals.

Arthur: What for?

Sweezus: Candide again, would you believe? His Fringe show.

Arthur: He's done Candide three years in a row!

Sweezus: Tell me about it. Yeah anyhow, I'll talk to him. I'll let you know.

........

At lunch time:

Vello and David enter the office.

Any sandwiches? asks Vello.

Is that you papa? says Belle et Bonne. There were, but Sweezie ate them. I'll order up some more.

( What a bad start this is )

Sweezus: A-hum. Err...

Vello: Spit it out man.

Sweezus: About next week......

Vello: Rehearsals yes. Are you ready? You'll have to play Candide this year. I'm too old.

Sweezus: What do you reckon if I took the week off to practice my lines in... err... the country?

David: That sounds nice.

Vello: What part of the country?

Sweezus: Kangaroo Island.

Vello: Ah! With Gaius! Yes, dear boy. Of course you must go.

At this point Belle et Bonne comes in with a box of salmon and rocket sandwiches.

Life is good. Sweezus takes the first one.


No comments: