Friday, February 17, 2017

Redemption Hole

Come then, to the Minigolf, says Ageless. You tell the story.

But I don't know what happened, says Lavender.

If you were there, different things would have happened, says Ageless.

Lavender thinks about this for a moment.

It's true. But why is Ageless letting her do it?

She closes her eyes for a moment. Expands to the limits of her space.

Lavender's Version of What Happened at the Unreal Minigolf:

I wasn't scared, because Fish was in front of me.
I followed Fish.
Fish hit the golf ball, with a stick.
(I invented the stick part).
It was my go, but I couldn't hold the stick,
Even though I invented it.
I stood on an edge.
It was good till we came to the Mad Lab.
Fish had been there before.
He pressed a button.
Smoke billowed out and sparks.
He got into trouble.
It was funny.

Lavender, says Ageless That is remarkably similar to what actually happened.

How did Jean do? asks Kobo.

Very well, says Ageless. She is a golfer.

What about Rabbie? asks Kobo.

He lagged behind us, says Ageless.

He must have got in the way of the second family, says Kobo.

He must have, says Ageless.

Allow me, says Kobo. Rabbie is my favourite character.

Kobo's Version of What Happened at the Unreal Minigolf:

Rabbie had come along hoping to redeem himself.
He had been remarkably quiet since the revelation.
Who knew that the family would take against him
For agreeing to work as an overseer on a sugar plantation?
He, a poor struggling farmer in Ayrshire,
Handsome, a poet,
A fine turn of leg in his trousers.

No Ageless, it can't be denied.
He was loved by the ladies.
He fathered upwards of thirteen children.
The last one was born on the day that he died.
And to be fair, he did not go to Jamaica.

He tried his hardest at the Minigolf
If he could just get a hole in one!
But feck! (Is that Irish?)
It's Jean who gets one.

Ageless nods stiffly.

Why so stiff? asks Kobo. Isn't that exactly what happened?

If you say so, says Ageless.

No comments: