Sunday, February 26, 2017

Lucky Stars

The Reverend Hughes likes Gaius's proposal.

He has not left his place in the library, for quite some time.

One thing, says Gaius. I want Ageless to come with us.

That's fine, says the Reverend Griffith Hughes.

Are you sure? says Gaius. Ageless can be annoying.

I too can be annoying, says Griffith Hughes.To each his own. When do we leave?

As soon as Ageless stops moulting, says Gaius. One or two days.

Then I shall come back to your house, says Griff, and hurry him up a bit.

I don't think I have any means of entertaining you, says Gaius. Do you mind eating celery...no wait I have eaten the celery...apples?

Apples, what type of apples? asks Griff,

This is not going to go well.

.......

Back at Gaius's house, Kobo has managed to make her way to the bathroom.

She calls from the floor. Ageless! Ageless Lobster! Are you done moulting?

Blooble! Is that you my belooble?

Ageless, dear, are you drowning?

Nooble!

This isn't going well either.

She calls Baby Pierre.

Baby Pierre!

Yes Kobo?

Baby Pierre, is Ageless all right?

Baby Pierre leaps onto the rim of the bath tub.

He looks down at his mentor.

Ageless's body is swollen, and has developed hard patches.

Baby Pierre makes the sign of the Claw.

He's cool, says Baby Pierre. Anything you want me to ask him?

Ask him what I should bring? says Kobo.

What should Kobo bring? asks Baby Pierre.

Bringgle whooble? says Ageless.

He says where? says Baby Pierre.

To Barbados, says Kobo.

After all, why not just say it?

To Barbados, says Baby Pierre.

Ageless had not decided on Barbados, but if his beloved wants to go to Barbados, Barbados it is.

He makes an effort,

Diarrhea tablets, says Ageless.

Did he say diarrhea tablets? asks Kobo
.
Yep, says Baby Pierre. He probably meant to say bring a swimsuit. A nice one.

No, says Kobo. I know what he meant.  I should not drink the water. It is kind of him to remember.

Ageless thanks his lucky stars that he ever met Kobo

.....

Gaius enters the kitchen with Griffith. They look around for the apples......








No comments: