Friday, August 4, 2017

Last Chances

The team stops in Paris, before they head off to Saint Malo.

They're meeting Sweezus for lunch at Les Deux Magots.

Sweezie! says Belle. What's that you're having?

But she can see what he's having.

Macarons.

Tch! All that sugar! says Belle.

How come you've still got Baldy? asks Sweezus.

I'm on strike, says Baldy.

He's on strike till he gets shorts, says Terence. He's wearing girls' undies.

I'm a bird, says Baldy. Guess which one?

A penguin, says Sweezus.

Ha ha, laughs Gaius. He's a Eurasian oystercatcher.

Cool, says Sweezus.

I thought you'd go mental, says Splosh.

Me, mental? says Sweezus. Can't go more mental than I already am.

What's happened? asks Belle. Did you write the piece on Sartre?

Boss rejected it, says Sweezus. Too gossipy.

Really? says Belle. But Sartre's such an intellectual.

Yeah right, says Sweezus. It was because I mentioned that he has to eat prunes.

We should all eat more prunes, says Gaius.

Is that all? asks Belle.

And he made me eat one, in a weird way, says Sweezus. It was creepy.

Did you make notes? asks Gaius.

He did, says Sweezus. And then he wouldn't give them to me.

Poor you, says Belle. It did go wrong, didn't it. Are you free now? We're off  to Saint Malo.

I'm waiting for Arthur, says Sweezus. He should be here already.

Excellent, says Gaius. I was hoping to see Arthur.

Arthur comes in.

Hello, says Arthur. I've done it.

No kidding! says Sweezus. You're a legend. Is Sartre okay?

He's just oiling his bicycle, says Arthur.

This is mysterious.

My last chance, says Sweezus. Thanks, Arthur.

Shorts! says Baldy.

Ah yes, says Gaius. Arthur. Where can we buy infants' shorts?

How should I know? says Arthur.

Monoprix, says Belle. Maybe Arthur would like to come with us?

Yes, says Gaius. Arthur, do come with us.

Arthur sits down. First he would like to eat a macaron. He selects one.

.......

At Monoprix, there is a sale on, because it's the last month of summer.

There is an abundance of shorts and caleçons for enfants and bébés.

Baldy is looking for bird ones, maybe with blood on.

Terence finds a nice blue pair printed with red and white yachts.

We're supposed to get plain ones, says Belle. But I guess he can have what he likes.

As long as they're not too expensive, says Gaius, looking at Arthur.

They won't be expensive, says Arthur.

No comments: