Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Artisanal Sushi

Louisa waves at Arthur from the sand.

Come out! I've got antiseptic.

I don't really need it, says Arthur.

Come on, says Sweezus. I bet she's bought snacks.

They make their way out of the water.

Lucky you came out, says Louisa. There was a shark behind you.

Sweezus turns. 

The shark is now in the shallows.

Great White Teacher, says Sweezus.

You know him? asks Louisa.

Yeah, says Sweezus. Did you buy any snacks?

Three finger buns, says Louisa. 

Awesome, says Sweezus, sitting down on the sand.

Now you're all sandy, says Louisa. How're you going to eat it?

Shiz, says Sweezus. I hate eating sand.

Go and wash it off , says Louisa. You might find out what the shark wants.

I know what he wants, says Sweezus, walking off, still dripping.

Here, Arthur, says Louisa. Stick your toe up. Ooh, it's gone blue.

That's a good thing, says Arthur.

I don't think so, says Louisa. And look, teeth marks.

Where's my bun? asks Arthur.

She gives him a bun even though he too is sandy.

Down at the shore Sweezus is rinsing his hands.

How's your dog? asks Great White Teacher.

History, says Sweezus. 

Great White Teacher starts again.

About our old Sea Salt venture.....?

More history, says Sweezus. The market collapsed.

I thought as much, says Great White Teacher. You still owe me money. So I have a new proposition.

What? asks Sweezus.

This is hush-hush, says Great White Teacher, but I've located an easy source of seaweed. It's growing on ropes. So, I provide the seaweed and the tuna, you provide the rice, and boom, we have a business.

Freakin' labour intensive, says Sweezus.. 

What! No it isn't, says Great White Teacher. You just roll it up.

I've got to go and eat a bun, says Sweezus. 

You do that, says Great White Teacher. And while you're eating, think about this. My boys can make surfing very unpleasant.

Brilliant, says Sweezus. Artisanal sushi. Sounds like a winner. 


No comments: