Sunday, November 29, 2020

Steamy Dream

Wait! says Saint Roley. What are you doing?

Louisa puts down the grater.

I guess I should wait, says Louisa.

What for exactly? says Saint Roley.

Sweezus to wake up, says Louisa.

If he ever wakes up, says Saint Roley. 

I'll wake him up! cries Terence, racing for the spare bedroom.

He pushes the door open. 

Sweezus is sleeping soundly. 

WAKE UP! shouts Terence.

Whah! says Sweezus. What's up little buddy?

Louisa's got a grater! says Terence. She's waiting for you to wake up.

She'll be waiting for Arthur, says Sweezus. 

He shakes Arthur. Wake up, bro!

Whah! says Arthur. What time is it?

Dunno, says Sweezus. But Louisa's got a grater. Could be for your scabs.

Merde! says Arthur. I'm not having her grate my scabs off. I'm going to the chemist.

Won't be open yet, says Sweezus. Come into the kitchen. She's probably kidding.

Sweezus enters the kitchen.

How are you feeling? asks Louisa. Stomach cramps, nausea, the runs?

Nice greeting, says Sweezus. I slept okay thanks. 

Good, says Louisa. I'm just going to add a magic ingredient to the sushi.

Awesome! says Sweezus. Like what, a hallucinogenic mushroom? 

Grated orange peel, says Louisa. I had this dream in the night.

It was a cool dream. Ending up rather steamy.

Excuse me, says the Ear. Is this ME you'll be grating?

Yes you, Ear, says Louisa. 

My Ear, says Baby-Glossy.

But I made it, says Louisa.

It became mine after HE ate my un, says Baby-Glossy. Now this Ear is my un.

I am his un, says the Ear. And furthermore, I am stuck to Peut-étre, who belongs to Terence.

I do not, says Peut-étre. 

What's this fuss? asks Gaius. I'm sure Louisa only wants a small grating.

Yes, a small grating, says Louisa. It's not like I haven't shaved Ear before.

True! Ear remembers!

Arthur comes out of the bedroom, blood dripping down his leg from from a knee scab, and blood on his toe.

You picked your scabs, man! says Sweezus. Too bad, you didn't need to. 

I'm on my way to the chemist, says Arthur. Anyone want anything?

A compass, says Terence.

A thermometer, says Sweezus. I owe it to Captain du Couedic.

Sure, says Arthur. Don't know about the compass.

I do, says Terence. I'll come with you.

Okay, says Arthur.

Terence will be a useful distraction.


No comments: