Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Poisonous Theory

Did you pick the tomato out of your sandwich? asked Margaret.

Not all of it, said Gaius.

I told you it wasn't poisonous, said Margaret.

But I don't like it, said Gaius.

Then why do you think the worms will like it? asked Margaret.

They don't, said Gaius. QED. Which supports the poisonous theory.

Everyone eats tomatoes! said Margaret, exasperated.

There is a website, said Gaius, called Tomatoes Are Evil. I suggest you have a look at it before you make claims of that nature.

Pooh! said Margaret. Fabulists!

All I want, said Gaius, is to find a worm.

You need a stink-bag, said Margaret.

Gaius decided to disregard that remark.

And, he continued, to learn some interesting facts about it.

Is that all? said Margaret. I could tell you some interesting facts about worms right now.

But, said Gaius, there must be bicycles.

We came on bicycles, said Margaret.

And philosophy, said Gaius. That is the most difficult part.

Whatever are you talking about? asked Margaret.

I have to write an article for Velosophy, said Gaius. That's what I'm talking about.

Why didn't you say so? said Margaret. I'm sure I can help you there. I'm very good at philosophy. Oh! Ouch! Help!

What's the matter! asked Gaius.

A worm! cried Margaret. It's bitten me!

What with? asked Gaius. I thought you said they didn't have any teeth.

No comments: