Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pointed

I've chosen, said Arthur.

Past or future? said Lavender.

Future, said Arthur.

I knew you'd choose that, said Lavender.

That's easy to say, said Arthur.

Well this is the story, said Lavender. There was a handsome young man, whose name was Arthur. He had a sore knee. He was riding a bicycle along a dusty red road on a very hot day, all by himself.

Where are you? asked Arthur.

I'm not in it yet, said Lavender. It's the future. He was riding along by himself . It was hot. He came to a gate, and there was a sign on the gate. The sign said Fossicking Here! The young man went riding past, because he didn't want to go fossicking, and he didn't have anyone with him who wanted to go fossicking.

Such as you, said Arthur.

Such as me, said Lavender.

Then, she continued, the young man had a dream.

I thought he was riding a bicycle, said Arthur.

A dream, said Lavender, while he was riding his bicycle. In the dream, a tiny beautiful girl appeared, her name was Lavender. He stopped. She said You are handsome. Would you like to go fossicking with me? He said, No, and I don't like girls. She said, you would like me though. I am very good at fossicking, so good  I have even won prizes.

Lavender, said Arthur. Do you know what fossicking is?

You need a bucket, said Lavender.

But you don't win prizes, said Arthur.

It's the future, said Lavender. And I'm an augur.

That's just a type of shell, said Arthur.

Then why's it called an augur? said Lavender.

Because it's pointed, said Arthur.

At the future, said Lavender.

Arthur couldn't argue with that.



No comments: