Thursday, January 24, 2013

Modbury to Tanunda - Tumblings

Team Philosophe is lagging again in Stage Four, from Modbury to Tanunda.

Their lead out man, Professor Freud, finds his heart is not in it.

I don't feel like leading you out, says Freud to The VeloDrone. Why don't you just lead yourself out.

I'll lead you out, says Le Bon David.

No you won't, you're puffing already, says The VeloDrone. Oh how I wish we had Belle in our team.

I must say I feel guilty, says Freud. For losing the Titan.

Come to that, says Le Bon David, I never did understand your race plan. What good could a stick insect do?

It gave us a psychological advantage, says Freud.

Pathetic, says Le Bon David. Now you have a psychological disadvantage. And it's rubbed off on us. We may as well give up right now.

And not go to Tanunda? says Freud.

We're almost there, says Le Bon David. Only 750 metres to go. But we needn't hurry.

The VeloDrone is furious with David. He angrily sticks out his foot. David tumbles to the ground, in front of two riders from Orica Greenedge.

And they too tumble down.

Andre Greipel rides past everyone laughing. That's thirteen stage wins for him now.

.........

Back in the Botanical Gardens it's still Monday.

The Titan and the dragonfly are friends.

Are you telling me, says the dragonfly, that you were part of  a Tour Down Under race plan?

Oh yes, says the Titan. I was.

What was it exactly? asks the dragonfly.

I never did know what it was, says the Titan, but I guess it's cactus now.

If I was a part of a race plan, says the dragonfly wistfully, I would be over the moon.

The Titan is strangely disturbed. Why hadn't he realised how important his role was? Why hadn't he been over the moon?

Oh well, too late, says the Titan, resignedly. I do like it here though, he adds.

Yes it's nice here, says the dragonfly. Sometimes there are weddings. And a man in a tiger suit comes. But that's a bit scary.

When does he come? asks the Titan. Perhaps I might leave before then.

Sunday, says the dragonfly. And that reminds me. The Tour Down Under is back in the city on Sunday. You might find your team, and get back in the plan.

Sunday? When is Sunday? asks the Titan.

Ages off, says the dragonfly. Today's Monday.





No comments: