Monday, January 21, 2013

Prospect to Lobethal - Losses

Stage One of the Tour Down Under is over. Andre Greipel of Team Lotto Belisol has won the ochre jersey. Team Ethical, disappointed with their efforts, are coasting gently back to town.

Sweezus: Still no money.

Belle et Bonne: Bunny nearly won Skoda King of The Mountain.

Bunny: Nearly isn't good enough.

Arthur: That's right.

Bunny: Oh pooh to you Arthur! At least I tried.

Arthur: I tried.

Sweezus: Yes I saw you trying.

Arthur: What does that mean?

Belle et Bonne: It means he saw you trying.

Arthur: Not the way he said it.

Bunny: He's jealous of Arthur's performance enhancing frog.

Sweezus: As if! It's not performance enhancing anyway.

Bunny: But people think it is. So Arthur's getting famous.

Sweezus: No he's not. Professor Freud's the one who's getting famous.

Belle et Bonne: He was. But did you see what happened at the end? Professor Freud was arrested.

Sweezus: Shit no! I didn't see!

Arthur: I did.

Bunny: So did I. They asked to see his Titan when he did his urine sample and he said he couldn't find it, so they hauled him off and locked him in a van.

Sweezus: That's kind of awesome. How cool is he?

Arthur: Huh! It isn't hard to get arrested.

.........

Meanwhile Team Philosophe has hastily convened a meeting, outside the van.

The VeloDrone: Freud! Professor! Can you hear me?

Le Bon David: Yes! Can you hear us? We're just outside!

The VeloDrone: Shut up David!

Gaius: I think I hear him shouting! What's he saying?

Professor Freud ( faintly ): Is that you?

The VeloDrone: Who?

Le Bon David: He means is it us!

The VeloDrone: Yes, Professor. It is us! What can we do to help you?

Professor Freud: I've mislaid my Titan, somewhere. Can you look for it?

Gaius: Yes, yes, we'll look for it. I know exactly what it looks like. Don't worry Professor, we'll soon find your Titan, and have you out of there.

The VeloDrone: Tell me Gaius, what does it look like?

Le Bon David: You know very well Vello, what it looks like. It's a stick insect, and it looks just like a stick.

An official (appearing from around the other side of the van): Hey there! You team! Clear off.






No comments: