Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mount Barker to Rostrevor - Winnings

 A difficult climb up the Corkscrew today in Stage Two of the Tour Down Under. Geraint Thomas of Team Sky wins King of the Mountain, and the stage.

Bunny, a climber, comes in twentieth.

Brilliant, Bunny! says Sweezus, at the end of the ride. You win a hundred euros for that!

Wow do I?  says Bunny. Cooly rooly! What are euros? I mean what are they worth?

One euro's worth 1.27 Australian dollars, says Sweezus.

What does that mean? says Bunny. I get a hundred and twenty seven dollars?

Probably a little less than that, says Belle et Bonne, but well done, Bunny.

Thanks, says Bunny. Well, that's half for you, Sweezie, and half for me.

Half? says Sweezus, trying not to look disappointed. Oh yes, thanks Bunny. Half. That's heaps generous.

Arthur takes Bunny aside.

We're in this to win money for Sweezus, says Arthur. What makes you think you can keep half?

Well, says Bunny, quite frankly Arthur, I'm a bit disappointed in Sweezus and how he only thinks of himself. I'll be giving my half to the poor.

Oh will you? says Arthur. We'll see.

...............


At the end of Stage Two, Team Philosophe is commiserating. They did not find the Titan, so Freud had  remained in the van. Without Freud as the lead out man, they had stayed at the back of the pack.

It's outrageous! says The VeloDrone. I'm going to complain.

He goes off to complain. He asks to see an official, and is granted a meeting with one.

I insist you let my team mate out, says The VeloDrone. You have no case against him.

What about the Titan? says the official.

There is no Titan, says The VeloDrone. Which is why he could not produce it.

There is no argument against this.

Freud is let out of the van.

........

There is however, a Titan. Having slipped out from the folds of Freud's trousers on Monday during the picnic in the Botanical Gardens, he is now sitting motionless on a lotus leaf in the middle of the lotus pond. A dragonfly has seen him.

Pretending to be a stick are we? says the dragonfly rudely.

No! says the Titan. I'm not!


No comments: