Friday, January 18, 2013

Performance Enhancing Frogs

Team Ethical are discussing their race plan for the People's Choice Classic tomorrow evening.

It won't be difficult, says Sweezus. The race is really short. I'm going to take it easy today. I might even take the tram down to Glenelg.

No you won't, says Belle et Bonne. You've hardly ridden a bike at all since we rode down to Middleton. This afternoon Team Ethical is going to practice together.

Yes, says Bunny. I'm all for that. Arthur, what are you doing?

Arthur is fiddling in his pocket.

It's that frog cake, isn't it, says Belle et Bonne. Is it annoying you? Why don't you take it out?

No, says Arthur, I'm keeping it. Did you know that since Phil Liggett mentioned it yesterday I've had journalists ringing me up to ask all sorts of questions.

Sweezus can't help wishing journalists would ring him up and ask all sorts of questions.

What do they want to know? asks Sweezus.

What it's for, says Arthur. I think they suspect it might be a performance enhancing frog.

Belle et Bonne smells a rat.

But it  isn't, is it? says Belle et Bonne, It really is just a defunct frog cake?

Of course, says Arthur. What else would it be?

........

Team Philosophe are also discussing their race plan for tomorrow.

Now, says Gaius. Wherever is my bike?

Haven't you found it yet? asks The VeloDrone sternly.

Gaius shakes his head.

I'm sure it'll turn up before tomorrow, says Gaius. If not, I'll borrow one from....

Who? says The VeloDrone. Everyone is in the race. Even David.

What do you mean even David? says David hotly. Anyway, he can always borrow one from Marie.

There, says Gaius. Keep your hair on, Vello.

And where is Professor Freud? fusses The VeloDrone.

He's just fetching his stick insect, says Gaius. The Titan.

What does he need the Titan for in the Tour Down Under? cries The VeloDrone. He should be here. We need to form a plan!

Exactly, says Gaius. The Titan is a crucial part of his plan.

HIS plan! shouts The VeloDrone. I'l give him his plan. Just wait until I see him!....... Oh there you are, my dear Professor! What's that you have there?




No comments: