Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Brotherhood Of The Sea

The Captain is on the bridge dealing with a shipping hazard.

He is grateful for the assistance of Captain Louttit.

I don't know what we should have done without your intimate knowledge of these waters, says the Captain.

Sunk, says Captain Louttit.

No doubt about it, says the Captain of the Spirit of Tasmania. As an acknowledgement of your invaluable assistance I shall personally see to it that you are upgraded.

Upgraded? says Captain Louttit. You know that I am travelling in a jug?

But the jug is resting on an Ocean Recliner, says the Captain. They are not very good. The mechanisms....

My jug isn't resting on an Ocean Recliner, says Captain Louttit. I'm perfectly happy on the floor.

I won't hear of it, says the Captain. You'll be upgraded to a Deluxe Cabin. I'll call one of our friendly crew members to conduct you.

It doesn't take long to organise a Deluxe Cabin if you are the Captain. Soon Captain Louttit is being led off to retrieve his jug, in order to then occupy a Deluxe room.

A moment later Gaius arrives to complain to the Captain.

It is due to the luck of timing that the door is open because Captain Louttit and the friendly crew member are coming out.

Gaius slips in and walks up to the Captain, who is now busy looking at his console.

This is my bridge, says the Captain, turning. How did you get in?

The door was open, says Gaius. I'm here to complain about my Ocean Recliner.

Go and see the purser, says the Captain. Or you might like to follow your friend Captain Louttit. He's being upgraded. He's just gone off this minute to get his jug.

Thank you, says Gaius. I knew that Captain Louttit would turn out to be an asset.

Indeed, says the Captain. I probably shouldn't tell you this but, he has just saved us all from sinking.

I don't doubt it, says Gaius. I'm sure you had something to do with it as well.

You are very gracious, says the Captain. But you must go now.

Gaius goes back to the Ocean Recliner Lounge.

Schopenhauer is sitting awkwardly upright on his Ocean Recliner with no back support.

Gaius, says Schopenhauer. This is insupportable. And the noise of all these televisions is distracting. Captain Louttit was just here with a friendly crew member and they've gone of with the jug. I've nowhere to put these cursed barnacles........

Which direction did they go off in? says Gaius. Think, man, it's important.

I didn't see, says Schopenhauer.

Then we're sunk, says Gaius. No wait, where's Arthur? He'll know what to do.

No comments: