Tuesday, May 31, 2022

When Frog Isn't The Answer

Final competition, says Graceful. The riddles.

Yay! says Terence. Come here, team.

Quiet-Tartus and Shorty-Tartus hop over to Terence.

We can win this, says Terence. Do your best riddles.

Okay, says Quiet-Tartus. Check this out.

He hops over to Graceful. 

Shall I go first? asks Quiet-Tartus.

If you're ready, says Graceful. Attention everyone! First riddle.

I can fly, but I'm not a helicopter, says Quiet-Tartus. What am I?

Can anyone answer? asks Wittgenstein.

They can try, says Graceful.

An aeroplane, says Wittgenstein.

Wrong! says Quiet-Tartus.

Good, says Graceful. The more wrong answers you get, the better the riddle.

A frog, says Terence.

Don't YOU guess! says Graceful.

I just gave him another wrong answer, says Terence.

I can't be a frog, says Quiet-Tartus. It has to be a sensible wrong answer.

Something that flies, says Gaius. Make use of the information.

I'm not allowed to, says Terence.

Can I try? asks Katherine. Are you a bird, by any chance?

No, says Quiet-Tartus. That's three wrong answers. 

Can we try? ask the ninjas.

I suppose so, says Graceful. 

Are you a bee? asks a ninja.

YES! says Quiet-Tartus.

Very good, says Graceful. Who will go next?

Me, says the ninja who got the right answer.

Go for it, says Graceful.

I catch flies, but I'm not a spider, says the ninja. What am I?

Are you sure you want to ask that? says Graceful.

He doesn't want to, says the second ninja.

Why don't I? asks the first ninja.

Too easy, says the second.

Only if you think you know the answer, says the first ninja. Do you think I'm a frog?

This is a tricky one, says Terence. He IS a frog, but frog isn't the answer.

Who said it isn't? says the first ninja.

You, says Terence.

The first ninja realises that Terence is right.

He waits for someone to come up with another answer. 

A magpie, says Gaius. Or a swallow. Or maybe a martin.

No, says the first ninja. That's three wrong answers.

Sticky fly paper, says Wittgenstein.

The first ninja decides sticky fly paper will have to be right.


No comments: