Saturday, May 7, 2022

Rocky Enticements

Are we there yet? asks Terence.

Who wants to know? says Sweezus.

All of us, says Terence.

Your frogs are very quiet, says Sweezus.

They're doing their breathing, says Terence.

Good for them, says Sweezus. 

So are we there yet? asks Terence.

Ask Arthur, says Sweezus. He's figuring it out.

Arthur is looking at google maps.

Currumbin looks good. 

Surfing waves are mentioned. Along with unusual rock formations, life guards, waterfront restaurants and bars.

Currumbin, says Arthur. 

How far? asks Sweezus.

Twenty minutes, says Arthur. I'll call Gaius.

He calls Gaius.

Currumbin, says Arthur. We'll meet there.

Whereabouts in Currumbin? asks Gaius.

Near the unusual rock formations, says Arthur.

That sounds enticing, says Gaius. 

See you there, says Arthur.

Gaius checks his phone to see how far they are from Currumbin. Not far.

We're meeting them in Currumbin, says Gaius.

What's enticing? asks Wittgenstein.

Rock formations, says Gaius. 

He googles Currumbin to see where the rock formations are.

He is doing this when his phone rings.

It's Katherine.

Hello Gaius! It's me.

Ah yes, says Gaius. David told me you might be calling.

Oh did he? says Katherine. I suppose he thought you needed warning?

Not at all, says Gaius. I believe you're thinking of coming to Queensland?

I'm already here, says Katherine. Where are you?

Where are you? asks Gaius.

I asked first, says Katherine. 

Gaius is cornered. 

Not far from Currumbin, says Gaius.

Ah, the Wildlife Sanctuary! says Katherine. I've just been there.

And left? asks Gaius.

I'm at Mermaid Beach now, says Katherine. A short way up the coast.

What a shame we'll miss you, says Gaius. We're heading inland from here to Toowoomba.

Is Arthur with you? asks Katherine.

Not at present, says Gaius. He's in a campervan with the frogs.

How alarming? says Katherine. Is he trapped there?

No no, says Gaius. Sweezus is driving. And Terence is with them as well. I'm in a Mazda. 

That's not like you, says Katherine.

We are managing, says Gaius.

I'll bet Terence is a problem, says Katherine. I wouldn't be surprised if you've lost him several times already.....

She goes on and on.

Gaius listens.

Anyway, says Katherine. As it's starting to rain, I've nothing to do at the moment. I'll drive back to Currumbin and meet you.

Wonderful, says Gaius.

Where shall I meet you? asks Katherine.

At the unusual rock formations, says Gaius, hoping an outdoor setting might put her off.

All right, says Katherine. Raincoat needed. See you in half an hour.

She rings off, and looks for her rain coat. 

She's remembered to bring one, of course.


No comments: