Thursday, June 1, 2023

It Got Fader And Fader

Gaius and Pierre-Louis go out to their bikes.

Ridiculous! says Gaius. As if we would have kidnapped a possum.

There is another scenario, says Pierre-Louis. Banjo stowed away.

Most unlikely, says Gaius.

Terence, climbs into his carriage. 

Look who's here, says Easter Morning.

Me, says Terence. 

Not you, says Easter Morning.

So where am I? asks Terence.

Here, says Easter Morning. That's why I said look who's here.

He meant me, says Banjo.

Banjo followed us, says Easter Morning. 

Now we're in trouble, says Terence. 

Why? asks Banjo.

Someone heard you buzzing, says Terence. And now you'll be reported.

That's not fair, says Banjo. It wasn't me buzzing.

It was me, says Easter Morning. 

Have you stopped? asks Terence.

Of course I've stopped, says Easter Morning.

The carriage starts moving.

We're going to the Ada Tree, says Terence. Is that why you followed us?

Yes, says Banjo. 

It's got a fence round it, says Terence.

You mean she, says Banjo. She's got a fence round her.

She's a tree, says Terence.

A girl tree? says Easter Morning.

An old woman tree, says Terence. The oldest.

An Ada, says Banjo. A majestic tree.

You should make a poem about her, says Terence.

I should, says Banjo. Will you help me?

Yes, says Terence. I'm good at poems. But mainly if something has died.

The Ada Tree mustn't die, says Banjo.

Okay, says Terence. Put that in. Go for it, Banjo.

But Banjo can't even get started.

A tree has died, says Terence, but it wasn't the  Ada/ It stood by her side and got fader and fader

That's more about the dead tree than the Ada, says Banjo.

Not if we keep going, says Terence.


No comments: