Monday, May 16, 2011

Farky Made Strong

Sweezus was already standing under the tree of gibbons when Farky caught up with him.

Where've you been Farky? asked Sweezus. Look, this is an Immersion!

Huh huh huh! panted Farky.

Shush, said Sweezus. Look up there! Gibbons.

Huuurrh! sighed Farky.

What's the matter Farky? asked Sweezus.

A zoo is no place for dogs, said Farky. I was happy before I came here.

Where did you go? asked Sweezus.

The Nocturnal House, said Farky. I saw ghost bats, he added. I came over all funny and creepy and didn't know right from wrong.

I never go in there nowadays, said Sweezus, nodding sagely. I end up feeling the same. Never mind Farky. What doesn't kill you makes you strong.

Bollocks, said Farky, who was beginning to feel his old self again. I'm just saying, I know why they don't let dogs in.

Fair enough, said Sweezus. But look at these gibbons. Happy as pigs.

Farky looked up at the gibbons. They did look quite happy.

No comments: