Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How Nice Girls Win

The following afternoon, Sweezus popped his head around the door.

Hi! he said. Guess what! I got a B plus for my zoo assignment!

Well done , said Belle et Bonne.

I wouldn't have marked you that high, said Farky. And you know why.

Yeah, said Sweezus. I know. Lucky the markers aren't dogs. Hey, Belle, how did you and Marie like your presents?

They had a fight, said Farky.

What? said Sweezus.

No we didn't, said Belle et Bonne. It was just that one of the Panda hats needed a wash. It was encrusted with dog hairs and meat pie. We drew lots over it. Marie won.

So she got the clean one, said Sweezus.

No, she got the dirty one, said Belle et Bonne. I told you it wasn't a fight.

What nice girls you are, said Sweezus. Now, I suppose Farky and I'd better get on with our article for Velosophy.

Count me out, said Farky.

You said you'd help me, said Sweezus.

I can't now. I'm practising riding every afternoon with Le Bon David and The VeloDrone. I'm the new member of Team Philosophe.

Team Philosphe! said Sweezus. I always wanted to be a member of Team Philosophe.

You're not tricky enough, said Farky.

I could be, said Sweezus.

What does that mean? said Farky.

Wait and see, said Sweezus.

No comments: