Monday, May 9, 2011

The New Sweezus

What! said Sweezus. Why can't Farky come into the Zoo?

He's an animal, said the ticket seller, who looked suspiciously like the young woman they'd seen earlier in the Jesus car.

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? said Sweezus crossly. And anyway, he's not just an animal, he's my mentor. He's helping me with an assignment.

Oh is he? said the young woman ticket seller, who was inexplicably warming to Sweezus. Well, alright then, I'll turn a blind eye.

Juat as well, sweetheart, muttered Farky, as they walked through the turnstile.

What did you mean by that, Farky? asked Sweezus.

I would have gone round the back of her stinky old ticket office and bitten her ankles, said Farky, bullishly.

If you had, said Sweezus, we'd never have got in.

We would, said Farky. I know a way in under the fence by the river trail on the other side.

Why didn't you say so before? asked Sweezus. Do you know how much it cost to get in?

No, said Farky.

Thirty one dollars sixty, said Sweezus. We certainly won't be buying any lunch.

Oh misery, said Farky. But I'm surprised at you nevertheless.

Why? asked Sweezus.

For wishing you'd got in under the fence, said Farky.

There's a lot you don't know about the new me, said Sweezus.

No comments: