Saturday, April 6, 2013

Arthur Rimbaud Does Banksy

Violetta goes home to work on a Giant Australian Cuttlefish stencil, and choose appropriate paint.

Arthur retires to the back room to work on the Banksy project.

Gaius and Bunny are left with the logistics.

How do we get to Wallaroo? says Bunny.

Copper Coast Passenger Service, says Gaius. You organise it, Bunny, I must sort out my notes.

But Arthur sorted out your notes, says Bunny. So you should organise the tickets.

Oh very well, says Gaius, immediately forgetting what he has agreed to. He has other things to think of.

Should he get in touch with the Mayor of Wallaroo and offer to give a public lecture on the Great Australian Cuttlefish, for the edification of the locals?

Five minutes later, Arthur comes out of the back room, with a piece of paper.

Done, says Arthur. Here's your Banksy project.

Bunny grabs the paper and reads:

Thanks for asking me about my bicycle philosophy. I don't have a lot of time time for riding bicycles. I tend to do a lot of running and climbing and jumping and I sometimes wear a mask. You try that riding a bicycle. Also a bicycle tends to identify you. Having said that I would be happier to be identified by a bicycle than a policeman. Cheers Banksy. Disclaimer: The above was not written by Banksy, but by Arthur Rimbaud, poet, who once dreamed of riding a bicycle in a mask, while brandishing a paintbrush.

Wow, Arthur! says Bunny. That's just brilliant. You're a genius.

I know, says Arthur. Maybe I shouldn't have given up so soon.

No comments: