Friday, April 5, 2013

Having It All

It's Baby Pierre, Ouvert and Lavender. They are excited to see Arthur, who they believed was still in Alice Springs.

No, I'm back, says Arthur. A lot's happened to me since then. I've been surfing and performed a miracle with a frog cake and almost turned into a cockroach and had to have an exorcism. Then I got nits.

Wow, says Ouvert. Nits!

We haven't done ANYTHING, says Lavender. We look out of the window or we do the washing up.

We don't do the washing up, says Baby Pierre. Don't  lie, Lavender.

I said we didn't do anything, says Lavender.

It was still a lie, says Baby Pierre.

No it wasn't, says Lavender. You don't see things like I do, that's all.

See what I have to put up with, says Baby Pierre.

You should get out more, says Arthur. Gaius is off to Wallaroo, or Turkey. I might go too.

Oh you might, might you? says Bunny, who has been listening. What about me, what about the Banksy project?

Banksy project? says Violetta, who has been listening. What Banksy project?

I meant to tell you about the Banksy project, says Gaius, who up to now has not been listening, but tossing up in his mind between Turkey and Wallaroo.

What is it? says Violetta. I know Banksy.

It's MY project, says Bunny. I'm trying to get him to write an article for Velosophy, but he won't reply.

That's Banksy for you, says Violetta. Want some advice? Write the article yourself, and say he wrote it. Banksy won't give a shit, and if he does it'll serve him right.

I do admire the camaraderie of street artists, says Gaius.

Thanks, Violetta, says Bunny. Arthur, want to write it?

Only if I can put my name to it, says Arthur.

You write it, says Bunny. I'll fix it.

I like you, Bunny, says Violetta. Contradictions do not trouble you. Are you coming to Wallaroo with me and Gaius?

Wait, says Gaius. I haven't decided I'm going. I see the Gate of Hell disappearing as an option.

If I want to go somewhere I go, says Arthur.

This strikes everyone as eminently sensible.

Why not go to Turkey, via Wallaroo?


No comments: