Thursday, April 11, 2013

What Would An Atheist Do?

Victor, says Gaius, it seems that no matter which region I visit, you are the local policeman!

I get around, says Victor. In fact I have had a promotion.

To Wallaroo? says Gaius.

Upwards, nods Victor.

Hah! splutters Violetta.

Violetta! says Victor. AKA Splosh! I might have guessed it was you.

What was me? says Violetta.

You the driver warned me about via the secret red button phone, says Victor.

Violetta cackles with laughter.

Just watch it, that's all, says Victor. We don't want your street art round here, wrecking our tidy town and our nice grey economy.

Wouldn't want to wreck that, says Violetta.

Victor, says Gaius, I'm here to give a lecture on Giant Cuttlefish. But I hear there is a famed Giant Squid in the Nautical Museum. I should like to see it.

That would be George, says Victor. You should definitely see him. I'll take you there now  if you like.

Much obliged, Victor, says Gaius.

He and Victor walk off together.

Violetta stalks off in the opposite direction to look for a cafe.

Arthur and Ouvert, overcome by homesickness for France, decide to walk down to Wallaroo Bay.

Bunny and Lavender are still standing in front of the Rotunda, when the bus pulls away.

Baby Pierre! says Lavender. Where is Baby Pierre?

I left him behind on the bus, says Bunny. He was being a little shit.

Lavender is impressed. This is girl power. Bunny is cool.

.......

Baby Pierre is alone on the bus. At first he is frightened..... but.... no!

He is master of his own destiny! He is no priestly Pierre who is not a proper man; what does that even mean?

The real Baby Pierre is an atheist!

He is a free thinker! An existentialist! A nihilist!

As soon as he gets to the bus station, he will call Ageless lobster, his dad.

 

No comments: