Monday, April 1, 2013

The Best Of Friends Discussing Creativity

It doesn't matter that it's raining. They have the Easter picnic at Mrs Hume's.

All the food is in plastic containers. All they need to do is remove the lids.

The free range chicken is all the more delicious for having been allowed to roam freely in a farmyard while it was living, and Mrs Hume's fizzy bean salad is a subject of much mystery and mirth.

Belle et Bonne is sitting next to Sweezus.

Thank you for rescuing Arthur, says Belle et Bonne.

He didn't need rescuing, says Sweezus. He says he knew where Ray Moon kept his knives.

Oh dear, says Belle et Bonne. Then it was definitely better that you went there. One or another of them might easily have been killed.

I nearly picked up a snake, says Sweezus. I thought it was a hose. I never like the country.

Poor Sweezie, says Belle et Bonne. But I suppose it took your mind off the unpleasant side of Easter.

Yeah, says Sweezus, but on the way home Arthur said I'm not creative.

Is that why you look glum? says Belle et Bonne. But dear, you ARE creative.

Not like Arthur is creative, mutters Sweezus. He writes awesome poetry, and steals things, and fights with knives...

He SAYS he does, says Belle et Bonne. But what has Arthur written lately? Whereas you......I saw that thing you did on Richard the Third. I thought it was quite lovely. It made me cry.

Did it? says Sweezus, brightening up a little.

Oh yes, says Belle et Bonne. You should have put your name to it, not given all the credit to Beyoncé.

Yep, says Sweezus I didn't think it through. That's me all over.

Never mind, says Belle et Bonne, We knew that it was you. And remember that assignment you did last year you got top marks for? The one about the monkeys in the zoo? It was so clever the way you wrote it from their point of view. Papa swore it had been written by a monkey.

Belle, you always cheer me up, says Sweezus. I love you.

No comments: