Monday, April 22, 2013

Escape From The Death Box

We must go back into town, says Gaius. We must find Violetta, before Victor.

Yes, agrees Bunny. We must save Violetta. Coming Arthur?

Are you coming, Ageless? asks Arthur.

Are you coming Baby Pierre? says Ageless.

Lavender? says Baby Pierre. Are you coming?

We can't go, says Lavender. We can't leave the Twitcher.

What about me? says the Twitcher.  Don't leave me.

Are you deaf? says Ageless, as well as short lived and pathetic?

I can't stay here on my own, says the Twitcher. A cuttlefish all on my own. All my kind are doomed and defeated. I won't go back in the sea. It would be lo-o-o-nely to die all alone.

Come with us, says Arthur. Get in the box.

The Twitcher appears not to be listening. Arthur lifts him into the box.

Pch! Pch! says the Twitcher. This is the death box. I'm in the death box. I'll be dead in a minute. I'm done for.

Ageless, says Bunny. He's your brother. Why don't you get in and soothe him.

Me, soothe him? says Ageless. It's me that's upset.

Why's HE upset? says the Twitcher, from the depths of the death box. I'm the one that's declining....

Exactly, you BEAK-head! shouts Ageless. Whereas me, I'm immortal, and I wasn't INVITED!

Is that what's needling you? says Gaius. There's a perfectly good explanation. Violetta took over. One minute we're eating cucumbers at home, next minute we're here in a pickle.

Gaius's attempt at cucumber humour escapes Ageless, but Baby Pierre thinks he gets it.

Ha ha, cucumber, pickle, says Baby Pierre.

Ageless looks disgusted.

Come on Ageless, says Baby Pierre. Lighten up. You don't know where were going to next. You'll really like it.

I do know, says Ageless. The Wallaroo town centre.

You don't, says Lavender. We just have to find Violetta and then, we're going to TURKEY!

Pch! Pch! Now the Twitcher is listening.


No comments: