Thursday, April 25, 2013

Victim And Perpetrator

Sometimes victim and perpetrator have the same agenda.

Bunny and Victor struggle over the death box.

Twitcher falls out. Plop!

Haaah! breathes the Twitcher. I'm out!

His colour begins to return.

Victor seizes the box and bears it off to the police station.

The Godfather of Cuttlefish has been standing in the shadows admiring the artwork, but he steps forward now.

Oho! says the Godfather of Cuttlefish. What have we here? A lone cuttlefish.

He picks up the Twitcher.

I'm the last one alive of my kind, says the Twitcher. At least, here.

No, you're not, says the Godfather of Cuttlefish. Your numbers are down, and you're stuffed, but you ought to get back in the water and do your duty. Don't be another one of those losers who fail to turn up.

But the Twitcher has had a vision. He had it while in the death box, faking deafness for reasons unknown, while actually listening to Arthur.

I've had a vision, says the Twitcher.

Everyone gathers around.

What's his vision?

My vision, continues the Twitcher, is of a trancendentally beautiful cuttlefish, a female goddess, red and orange in hue. She stares back at me with wide soulful eyes and she desires only me, the Twitcher. She rests in the sand off the coast of Turkey, near a pleasure resort, at Kas. The grains of the sand are transparent, and glow like jewels, red and orange, to set off her perfect complexion. It is she and only she with whom I am destined to mate. Excuse me. It's true.

Everyone is transfixed and delighted.

Twitcher MUST go to Turkey!

They will do all they can to ensure that his beautiful vision comes true.


No comments: