Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gawler to Hahndorf

Professor Freud is brandishing a stone in front of Lance Armstrong.

All you have to do, mein Freund, is throw it in the air when you are passing the spot where I shall be standing.

Sorry, mein crazy Freund, says Lance Armstrong. I'm an amiable guy, but I won't do it. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone.

Fine, says Freud, then I shall ask Cadel Evans. Perhaps he is less amiable than you.

The VeloDrone and Le Bon David have been listening. They decide it's time to intervene.

The VeloDrone: Well, hello, Professor Freud! What a surprise to see you here.

Professor Freud: Gotterdammerung! You are the last person I wish to see at the Tour Down Under!

The VeloDrone: Why so?

Professor Freud: Because I am here trying to double check the physics for the story I am writing for your magazine. I feel embarrassed.

The VeloDrone: No need to feel embarrassed. Perhaps David and I can help.

Le Bon David: Yes, my friend, we should be honoured.

Professor Freud: If you are here as members of Team Philosophe, then certainly you can be of some assistance.

The VeloDrone: No, unfortunately we are not. We forgot to get our entries in on time.

Professor Freud: Then I fail to see how you can help. I need the cooperation of some riders.

Le Bon David: Aha my friend! But we know something you don't know. Team Existentialist is here, and desperate for a sponsorship. I'm sure that whatever it is you wish them to do, they will do for a middling fee. And we will be only too happy to introduce you.

No comments: