Monday, January 18, 2010

Clare to Tanunda

The VeloDrone and Le Bon David are in Clare this morning for the start of the first stage of the Tour Down Under. Le Bon David is in a silly mood.

Le Bon David: I wonda who wonda Tour Down Unda in Tanunda?

The VeloDrone: Very funny David, except they won't have started yet.

Le Bon David: By thunda what a blunda!

The VeloDrone: David, if I didn't know you better I'd think that you'd been drinking.

Le Bon David: Well I have. This region is famous for its lovely wines. And honey too. I've been eating lashings of delightful honey, drizzled all over my breakfast toast. I'm quite sticky.

The VeloDrone: Lucky you're not driving then. By the way, did you find out anything about the gentleman with his pockets full of stones?

Le Bon David: Hee Hee! You won't believe it!

The VeloDrone: What! What! Tell me.

Le Bon David: It was our old friend Professor Freud. I knew as soon as I heard his German accent, even though he was dressed in a ridiculous suit of Lycra and didn't look like his usual self at all.

The VeloDrone: Lycra? With the pockets full of stones?

Le Bon David: Yes, he seems to have had special pockets let in.

The VeloDrone: Did you find out what he was up to?

Le Bon David: (doubtfully) I think so. He was trying to give a stone to any of the riders who would take one. But he wasn't having any luck.

The VeloDrone: I'm not surprised. It would slow them down no end. What the devil can it mean?

Le Bon David: There he is! Let's go over and see what we can learn.

No comments: