Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Wart and the Pomegranate

What is this bitter taste? I first noticed it last night when I was drinking wine. It tasted bitter. Perhaps I'm ill. I don't feel ill.

In any case, I'm suffering from a condition. Being of a scientific bent I try to think what I've been doing that is different.

I'm putting salicylic acid on a finger wart. I'm eating pomegranate seeds.

These are both things that I don't usually do.

Either one could be the cause.

Do you mind if I stop using the word wart from here on? I find it a little embarrassing. I shall use the word blemish and you can just remember what it is.

Salicylic acid is good for killing blemishes. But my tube of salicylic acid is over twenty years old. That shows I do not often get a blemish, I hope you're noting that. The point is though, that this tube of stuff is very old.

Now suppose it gets more toxic as it ages? Suppose it gets into my bloodstream and works its way through every part including my taste buds? That is my hypothesis.

The hypothesis is soon to be tested, because today I attacked the blemish with a sewing needle, and now it's gone. Well, I hope it's gone. You never really know with a blemish. It might come back. The important thing is that I've stopped using the salicylic acid.

Are you a scientist? Do you see what I'm driving at?

The bitter taste will disappear quite soon, if it was caused by salicylic aid.

If not, I must stop eating pomegranates.

No comments: