Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rest Day

The VeloDrone and Le Bon David are discussing interview tactics.

The VeloDrone: I've teed up an interview with Cadel Evans this morning. What do you think I should ask him?

Le Bon David: Ask him about his Rainbow Jersey. That will get him in a good mood. See if he'll show you the rainbow stripes he's just had painted on his bicycle. Then when you've softened him up, hit him with something philosophical. Something our readers would be interested to read.

The VeloDrone: Like, why is winning important?

Le Bon David: No, of course not. He won't know what you mean by that. I mean something a bit more esoteric. Ask him if he prefers going uphill or downhill, for example. And when he says going downhill, ask him why.

The VeloDrone: What if he says going uphill?

Le Bon David: You can still ask him why. But I'll be very surprised if he prefers going uphill.

The VeloDrone: Then isn't it rather a silly question?

Le Bon David: No. And anyway, if I am surprised, so much the better.

The VeloDrone: Yes, yes, I quite see that. I'll ask him. Meanwhile, what are you going to do today?

Le Bon David: Since it is a rest day, I'm thinking of having a rest.

The VeloDrone: I have a better idea. Why don't you try and find out what that gentleman is up to over there?

Le Bon David: Where?

The VeloDrone: There. The one with his pockets full of stones.

No comments: