Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Truth Sets us Free

Dear Mister Ageless,

Allow me to introduce myself; we have a Mutual Friend. Our Mutual Friend is Kobo the Fossilised Clam, and I am sorry to have to tell you I have Bad News to impart.

Now I know from Kobo that you are quite Emotional, and that you and she are Fond of one another, so Brace yourself Mister Ageless, she is Dead.

Perhaps I have given you this News too Suddenly, but I think it Best to tell the Truth.

For Truth sets us Free as we learn from the Teachings of the Manifest Stone.

Let me tell you how it Happened.

I Believe you knew that Kobo and I had both ended up ( I don't mean Ended Up, for I have certainly not Ended Up) in the Metal Sink under the Window Sill. You also knew that she had arrived there as a result of ill-considered Laughing, while I myself had fallen in during a Failed Attempt to Pull her Out.

We were thus Together in the Sink.

I Prayed, as any Stone Worshipper would Pray in these Circumstances, and Kobo joined me although I must say I was unconvinced as to the Sincerity of her Prayers.

But then Something happened to her Mind, Mister Ageless, in the Sink. Without warning she dived into the Horrid Hole, which up to that moment had been the Object of our Mutual Fear. She disappeared leaving nothing but a Gaseous Drainy Smell. Not her Smell, you understand, but Air she had Displaced.

If only she had waited a Moment longer; Rescue was very Near at Hand.

The Manifest Stone answered our Prayers, ( well, mine). I was Lifted Bodily and replaced upon the Window Sill. I was placed even closer to the Manifest Stone than I had been before. This brought me Joy, Mister Agelesss! Great Joy!

But your dear Kobo is Defunct. There is no Point Trying to Find her. You should Make a New Friend. If you are Interested I would be Most Happy to enlighten you in the Revealed Teachings of the Manifest Stone. In fact you may have Lesson One right now: Life is Hard.

A Simple Lesson, Mister Ageless, but a Deep One. The Wisdom of a Stone.

Best Wishes,

Pierre ( F.)

No comments: