Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yang Ming at Brighton

Now I'll tell you a story, I said to Pliny. It will be in the form of a poem.

Good. I like poems, said Pliny.

You'll love this one, I said confidently, and began to recite :

YANG MING AT BRIGHTON

it was yesterday at brighton and the weather was very nice
the sun was out the sky was blue the sea was sporting stripes
of emerald and sapphire ochre aqua green and olive, and
a colour that has no more descriptive name than this one: sand

That is terrible, said Pliny.
I'm making it up as I go along, I said.
That's quite obvious, said Pliny. But go on..

i walked along the waters edge i had my camera on
and took some random photos walking rapidly along
the jetty, the palm, the yellow tent, the wall painted with words in red
i don't know what the words meant but yang ming was what they said.

This is execrable! groaned Pliny. But go on...

sadly when i got home and uploaded my photos on
to where they get uploaded i saw one of them looked wrong
the red words were unreadable, i forgot to use the zoom thing
but i remembered what they were the words were these words : yang ming

what does yang ming mean? why was it on the wall?
google has the answer, google answers all
yang means the bright side of the hill, i thought it might
mean something else but no it didn't, google would be right
and ming is a chinese name that has the meaning BRIGHT.
What a wonderful poem, said pliny, and now i see the light.

Hey! said Pliny. Leave me out of it!

No comments: