Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grumpy Vello

Our friends are having dinner at the Bay of Bengal.

The VeloDrone: Where's our food?

Marie: Stop grumbling. It's sure to be here soon. Have another mango lassi.

The VeloDrone: I don't want another mango lassi. I want my Machchi Tamatar Ki Kiri .

Belle et Bonne: Here it comes. Doesn't it look nice papa!

The VeloDrone: I suppose so.

Le Bon David: It does look rather nice. I wish I'd ordered it instead of the Butter Chicken.

Marie: Don't be silly. You always order Butter Chicken. Nothing else agrees with your digestion.

Belle et Bonne: Wasn't it fun at the beach this afternoon. I've still got sand between my toes.

The VeloDrone: So have I. And I don't know why you think it was fun, Belle et Bonne. It was cloudy with big spots of rain. There were smelly old pipes draped over the rocks and concrete blocks in the water.

Marie: She probably means that other beach we went to later. It was nice there. Is that the one you meant, Belle et Bonne?

Belle et Bon: No, I meant the smelly one. Remember the pretty line of pebbles someone had made?

The VeloDrone: Some fool! I nearly stubbed my toe.

Le Bon David: I liked the other one. Brighton I think it was. Did you see the wonderful effect of the sun pouring down through the clouds out to sea, looking like a big white fringe?

Belle et Bonne: Yes. It was lovely.

Marie: I did too! Magnificent!

The VeloDrone: I suppose it was. I say, this fish curry is hot! Now, what are we doing tomorrow?

Marie: We haven't any shows to go to, so how about we take a trip up to the hills and go blackberrying?

The VeloDrone: I hate blackberries! Count me out!

No comments: