Wednesday, February 16, 2011

POER FOREVR

Fortunately Pliny stopped choking of his own accord.

Are you alright? I asked, as soon as it looked as though the answer might be yes.

Yes, said Pliny. But perhaps we should not continue our conversation. I need to be quiet.

You be quiet then, I said. I'm going out.

It was true. I was going out. I was going to meet my mum at Burnside Village. First I had to decide what to wear. Burnside Village is not like Norwood. So I put on a teeshirt that had quite recently belonged to my daughter, until she realised she did not like it. On the teeshirt was a barely recognisable picture of a helicopter and some thumbprints, and the graffiti-like words : FOREUR, POER, FOREVR. That should work. With the baggy cargo pants.

I met my mum under the clock in the mall. She was sitting in an armchair looking at a screen flashing expensive things that you could buy in Burnside Village. Two old men were sitting there as well, reading newspapers.

Where shall we eat? said mum, standing up as soon as she saw me.

It was only half past eleven.


to be continued.....

No comments: