Monday, March 24, 2014

Enlighten Me

Schopenhauer bends down to examine the Platonic Ideal for scratches.

Yes, there are one or two slight scratches on the Gios frame.

Arthur thinks he ought to get some kudos.

Lucky it's here, says Arthur.

Not for me, says Schopenhauer. And not for you.

No, for Ray, says Arthur. He can get on the back and you can wheel him to the Ute.

Excellent, says Gaius. That is most expeditious. Get up Ray and stop being a ninny.

Where's the Ute? says Schopenhauer.

At the Caltex down the road, says Arthur.

Schopenhauer gets on his bike and rides off down the road towards the Caltex.

Hey! says Ray.

Epic, says Matzo. He's no Buddhist.

Aw, says Fling. Depends.

Enlighten me, dude, says Matzo. How is he a Buddhist? He spat the dummy. He's nowhere on the path to the cessation.

Dude, says Fling. He's focused. He's on the Eightfold Path.

Which part? says Matzo. Right mindfulness? I don't think so.

This could go on forever, and it's nearly dinner time.

Therefore let us skip to fifteen minutes later.

.......

Fifteen minutes later, Gaius, Ray and Arthur arrive at the Ute, where Schopenhauer is waiting.

Schopenhauer is in a better mood.

The other two bicycles appear to have been stolen.

Arthur is surprised.

What about the police car that kept drifting past?

We must report this to the local police at once, says Gaius.

Off you go , says Schopenhauer. I'll wait here with Ray.

Come on Arthur, says Gaius. Let's find the police station before it closes.

They walk down the road to where there are a some buildings.

.........

I won't be able to drive with this injury, says Ray to Schopenhauer. Do you drive?

Me? No, says Schopenhauer. But I'm sure I would be good at it. It can't be difficult.

Help me in, says Ray. I'll give you a lesson. I don't trust Arthur.

He seems all right, says Schopenhauer.

You don't know him like I do, says Ray.

Schopenhauer helps Ray in.

See what I mean, says Ray. He's left the bloody keys in.

That's good isn't it, says Schopenhauer.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? says Ray.

I could drive us to the police station, says Schopenhauer.

No, says Ray. That wasn't it.

No comments: