Saturday, March 12, 2016

Blood Everywhere Says The Paddler

It was awful, says the paddler.

No doubt, says Victor. Can you elaborate?

Blood everywhere, says the paddler. It's still there. Someone should cover it up with a towel.

I'll do it! says Terence. He picks up a towel.

Not that one! says the paddler.

And where is the body? asks Victor.

They took it away.

This is embarrassing for Victor.

This whole situation.

He only stopped for a cup of tea and a catch up with Gaius and Vello.

And now look.

Dead Dazza has been taken away.

Victor puts his shoes on and walks slowly up to the Rockpool Café.

Mayor Clements has just arrived, having heard the sad tidings.

Lisa is making him a complimentary latte.

I suppose the Town Hall speeches tonight will be cancelled, says Vello.

 Not at all. Life must go on. It will take people's minds off the tragedy, says Mayor Clements.

If you think so, says Vello.

Besides says Mayor Clements. It's important that you endorse the new Golf Course.

Is it? asks Vello, glaring at Sweezus.

Err, yeah, no, says Sweezus. I was gonna ask you first. Actually..... that's why I haven't written it.

I should have thought, says Vello, you would be fully aware of my opinion.

Yeah I am, says Sweezus, but...

I said you might, says Arthur.

You scallywag, says Vello.

Well, are you or aren't you? says Mayor Clements. I can still cancel the meeting, on compassionate grounds.

No, don't do that, says Vello.

Lisa hands Mayor Clements his free latte.

She makes Victor one too.

Everyone is sitting with their feet up, thinking of Dazza, who has already been spirited away.

They are not expecting a small Red Object to appear in the doorway.

Look at me, says Terence. I'm the Bright Red Object. This is my costume.

Everyone, except Lisa, (who knew Dazza), thinks the costume is good.


No comments: