Tuesday, March 27, 2018

All The Credit

Arthur has found the swan's eye.

He holds it up in front of Sweezus.

Opinion? says Arthur.

It should go on the outside, says Terence.

Not your opinion, says Arthur.

Sweezus considers.

Too good, says Sweezus.

That's what I'm thinking, says Arthur. Maybe we should ditch the hessian and just use the lining.

Terence scowls. That was his opinion.

What's this about? asks Simon.

Marketing, says Gaius. The lads are keen to get the optimum packaging for their sea salt.

But isn't that PVC ? asks Simon. It might contaminate the sea salt.

Neither Arthur nor Sweezus has thought of this difficulty.

And they don't want to think of it now.

Saint Roley comes into the café, with a notebook.

Anyone got a pencil?

No one has.

What do you need it for? asks Gaius.

To write down a poem before I forget it, says Saint Roley. A poem about me.

Say it, says Terence.

Saint Roley doesn't like to, in front of his friends and Dr Clulow.

He hesitates.

He's shy, says Terence. I'm not. Here's a poem about me:

Terence is tough
He sinks in the sand
But he comes up again
He rescues a swan
Someone takes it
And someone cuts it up with a knife
The eye is the best part
That's my opinion
But I'm not allowed to say it
Then Arthur says it.

Is that it? asks Gaius. You need to work on the rhyme scheme.

It rhymes with it, says Terence.

Good point little buddy, says Sweezus. But how about this for an ending?

Then Arthur says it
And gets all the credit.

I was just going to say that, says Terence.

No comments: