Sunday, November 21, 2021

Suspicious Successes

Roo-kai gets back first.

He lands in the back garden where Terence is kicking a ball at a tree.

Guess what? says Terence. This ball glows in the dark. But it has to be dark though.

And how did my mission go? asks Roo-kai.

What mission? asks Terence.

My SPYING mission, says Roo-kai. 

So why did you ask me? asks Terence.

I wasn't asking you what it was, says Roo-kai. 

So what did you ask me? asks Terence.

How did it GO? says Roo-kai.

How would I know? asks Terence. You went on it.

And I have returned, so what might you ask me? says Roo-kai.

How did it go? asks Terence.

At last, says Roo-kai. I'm pleased to report it was successful. We collected a great deal of evidence, both photographic and on paper.

Where is it? asks Terence. 

I don't have it, says Roo-kai. Baby Pierre has it. He'll be here shortly.

Lucky him, says Terence. I wish I went spying.

Maybe next time, says Roo-kai. You can't go spying with a quarantine bracelet on your ankle.

I can take it off when I like, says Terence.

Don't you have to wait for Victor? asks Roo-kai.

He's inside, says Terence. Giving Gaius an AP.

The back door opens, and Gaius comes out, He is no longer wearing the ankle bracelet.

Hello Roo-kai, says Gaius. How went the mission?

Is Victor still here? asks Roo-kai.

Yes, says Gaius. He's having a cup of tea in the kitchen. I see your point. We won't mention the spying.

I see you're no longer wearing the ankle bracelet, says Roo-kai.

Indeed, Victor has put an app on my phone, says Gaius. It's an improvement.

Hello-ello! says Victor sticking his head out. 

Greetings, says Roo-kai.

Did you find the Espy? asks Victor.

What Espy? asks Roo-kai. Oh, the Espy....not yet....

I'm going to have to search you, Roo-kai, says Victor.

WHY! asks Terence. He hasn't got any photos or papers.

What has he got? asks Victor.

Nothing! says Terence.

We'll see, says Victor. 

He pats Roo-kai down.

Nothing.

But this whole Espy thing is suspicious.


No comments: