Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Mission Omission

Roo-kai is now flying north.

He flies over the airport, and continues, eyes peeled for the marina.

Ah! He spots it. This is where he turns right.

But he needs a rest, so he lands near a rocky breakwater.

And looks at the sea.

A silver gull lands beside him.

Crark!

Roo-kai, says Roo-kai.

That wasn't my name, says the silver gull.

No, it is mine, says Roo-kai.

I meant Crark wasn't my name, says the silver gull.

Oh, says Ro-kai. Forgive me. My mind was elsewhere.

Where was it? asks the gull whose name is not Crark.

In two places, says Roo-kai. Or three, to be honest.

And none of them here, says the gull whose name is not Crark.

None of them here, says Roo-kai. Although I am aware of my surroundings 

They do good chips here, says the gull whose name is not Crark.

Chips are bad for you, says Roo-kai. 

Do I look unhealthy? asks the gull whose name is not Crark.

No, says Roo-kai. It's just that I prefer fresh molluscs.

Tell me about the three places, says the gull whose name is not Crark.

Where I came from, where I've been, and where I'm going, says Roo-kai. And where I'm returning to after.

That's four, says the gull whose name is not Crark.

The more I think, the more places my thoughts go, says Roo-kai.

You need to focus, says the gull whose name is not Crark.

That is good advice, says Roo-kai. My current task is to take a right turn here and fly over the submarine building facility.

Not much doing there at the moment, says the gull.

That is one of the things I must report on, says Roo-kai.

So you are a spy, says the gull. I thought so. Where is your camera?

Roo-kai is taken aback. 

He has not brought a camera.


No comments: