Monday, November 1, 2021

Police Stop At The Shop

Victor is driving the police van.

Gaius, Terence and Roo-kai are locked in the back.

Where are we going? asks Terence.

I know not, says Gaius. 

I'm going to look at my instructions, says Terence.

MY instructions, says Roo-kai.

I wouldn't open them yet, says Gaius. 

What CAN I do? asks Terence.

Look out of the back window, says Gaius. See if you can tell where we're going.

Ha ha, laughs Terence. I'll only see where we've been.

Yes, says Gaius, but from that information you may be able to intuit....no never mind, I'll look out of the window.

He shifts to the back of the police van.

There is a rap on the front grille.

Victor wants something, says Terence.

I wonder what it is, says Gaius.

Victor pulls over, gets out of the police van and walks round to the back. He opens the door of the police van.

Where the dickens are we? asks Gaius.

Half way, says Victor. Don't move about in the police van.

Is that why you were knocking? asks Gaius.

Yes, says Victor. 

I was merely attempting to establish where we were going, says Gaius.

By looking through the back window? says Victor. Pull the other one. You were planning to signal.

Victor, says Gaius, I have no wish to signal.

Good, says Victor. Would you like to know where we're going?  

I would, says Gaius. My hope is that you're driving me home, where I'm quite willing to undergo seven days of quarantine. It would be nice though, since I've been away for some time, if you would stop at the shops.

Gaius, says Victor. I am a policeman. I can't stop at the shops in the middle of an operation.

There's a shop! cries Terence. It's true. Victor has stopped near an Aldi.

Not an Aldi, says Gaius. I can never find anything. And when I do it looks strange.

Tell me about it, says Victor.

I'll go, says Roo-kai. It will be good practice.

For spying! says Terence.

Before Victor can say no, or ask what sort of spying, Roo-kai has taken off from the back of the police van and flown into the Aldi. 

Does he have money? asks Victor.

What do you think? says Gaius.

They sit on the back step of the police van, and wait for Roo-kai to come out.


No comments: