Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Decoy Shoots Out And Turns Left

Victor has removed Terence's ankle bracelet.

Now I can go where I like, says Terence.

I suggest you go back to Gaius's place, says Victor.

Are you SPYING? asks Terence.

We police don't call it spying, says Victor. We call it surveillance.

Look! says Terence. Someone's coming!

Where? asks Victor.

Arthur walks by.

Victor rolls down the window of the police van.

Afternoon, Arthur, says Victor. Not thinking of visiting Gaius are we?

Yes, says Arthur. I'm not. 

You always were a slippery customer, says Victor. I suppose by that you mean you're intending to visit Gaius.

Probably, says Arthur. Is he at home?

He's in quarantine, says Victor. He has an app on his phone.

So why are you sitting here spying? asks Arthur.

It's in regard to another matter, says Victor.

He thinks WE'RE spying, says Terence.

And are you? asks Arthur.

Not me, says Terence. I wasn't allowed. But Baby Pierre was.

Ho ho! says Victor. This is interesting. Allowed to do what, exactly?

Nothing, says Terence, remembering.

Is Terence in custody? asks Arthur.

No he isn't, says Victor.

Then can we go and see Gaius? asks Arthur.

I suppose so, says Victor. 

Terence gets out of the police van, and starts walking back to Gaius's, with Arthur.

Good disguise, says Arthur. Did he know who you were?

No, says Terence. Not till I told him. Why are you here?

I heard Gaius was going to Queensland, says Arthur. Looking for dead frogs or whatever. I'm going to go with him.

Yay! says Terence. Will Sweezus come too?

Probably, says Arthur.

I LOVE Sweezus! says Terence.

Right, says Arthur. But he and me'll be surfing.

I've got a new parrot, says Terence.

Good, says Arthur.

They are now at Gaius's front door.

The door is open.

Baby Pierre shoots out, on his tiny bicycle, and turns left at the road.

A police van immediately follows.

Gaius appears in the passageway. 

Arthur! Wonderful to see you!

Victor's chasing Baby Pierre in his police van! cries Terence.

Don't worry, says Gaius. We have the spy material. Baby Pierre is a decoy.

What's a....? begins Terence.

But Gaius has ushered Arthur into the kitchen, to offer him blueberries, cheese and coffee.

Terence will have to ask Roo-kai what is meant by a decoy.


No comments: