Wednesday, January 19, 2022

E is E

Let's keep playing, says Terence.

No, says Gaius. Not without an improvement.

I'm working on an improvement, says Wittgenstein. 

What's wrong with cannot but be? asks Terence.

The answer has little to do with the question, says Wittgenstein.

That's why it's tricky, says Terence.

I'll play it with you, says Roo-kai.

Yay! says Terence. What if you were a beetroot?

That's a good one, says Roo-kai. Do I give the answer, or you?

You, says Terence. And if you get it wrong, I'll give you the answer.

What if I were a beetroot......? ponders Roo-kai.

You only get ten seconds, says Terence.

This is new, says Gaius.

It's a improvement, says Terence.

Cannot but be! says Roo-kai.

Cannot but be a beetroot, says Terence. But good try. Now you ask me one.

I've got one, says Wittgenstein. It's a work in progress, so don't expect too much.

Go on, says Roo-kai. I'm still thinking.

What two letters come after A in the alphabet? asks Wittgenstein.

Easy, says Terence.

Close, says Wittgenstein. E-is-E. But that's not the answer.

Why is E-is-E close? asks Gaius.

Double letters involved, says Wittgenstein.

I don't believe this! says Gaius. The answer is B and C

No! Two Bs is the answer, says Wittgenstein.

How can that be? asks Gaius.

Cannot but Be B, says Wittgenstein. B B. What do you think?

I think you have overthought it, says Gaius. What do you think, Terence?

How come he knows? asks Terence.

Knows what? asks Gaius.

Baby B-B says Terence. 

Ah! says Gaius. Terence once had a bristlebird he called Baby B-B. 

How was I to know that? asks Wittgenstein.

You weren't, says Gaius. It was coincidental.

Cannot but B B-B! says Roo-kai.

What's that the answer to? asks Terence.

Nothing, says Roo-kai.

Dear me, says Gaius. We must have missed Bulahdulah!

Why do you say that? asks Wittgenstein.

Because here we are at Coolongolook already, says Gaius.

Who would have thought it?

At least cannot but be is useful for passing the time.

No comments: