Monday, January 10, 2022

Winner Winner

The chips are eaten, and so are the buns.

It's time to leave Dubbo.

Five and a half hours to Taree, says Gaius. 

Can I talk? asks Terence.

Yes, says Gaius.

All the way? asks Terence.

If you must, says Gaius.

What about the poetry comp? asks Sweezus. 

Oh yes, says Gaius. Who won it, Roo-kai? 

Let me hear them again, says Roo-kai.

What's the prize? asks Terence.

A wish, says Roo-kai. One that's reasonable.

We'll leave now, says Ludwig. Seeing as we aren't in it.

No, let's hear the poems, says Arthur.

Terence goes first.

I like the last line, says Roo-kai. Very natural.

Sweezus goes second.

The rude word spoils it, says Roo-kai.

Gaius goes last.

Too classical, says Roo-kai. I judge Terence the winner.

Objection, says Ludwig. A rude word shouldn't prevent the best poem from winning.

I have to agree, says Gaius.

Let's vote, says Arthur.

They vote. Roo-kai and Terence vote for Terence.

There are four votes for Sweezus. 

Not fair! says Terence. He voted for himself.

You voted for yourself, says Gaius.

But it didn't make me win, says Terence.

Winner gets a wish, says Arthur.

I wish to drive the Mazda, says Sweezus.

That seems reasonable, says Gaius. But who'll drive the camper?

I suppose I shall have to, says Ludwig.

He doesn't want to drive the camper. For this reason. He hired the Mazda.

And this reason. He prefers travelling with Arthur. 

And this one. It was his objection that caused Terence to lose the poetry competition, and Terence will be in the camper. 


No comments: