Sunday, January 9, 2022

Squeezing Sauce Into Water

They take the chips, buns and coffee back to the camper.

Smells like onions in here, says Ludwig.

Not as much as it did, says Gaius. 

What do I get? asks Terence.

There's plenty of water, says Gaius. And tomato sauce, if you fancy.

Can I squirt it in? asks Terence.

I suppose so, says Gaius.

Good chips, says Sweezus, taking a handful.

They are, says Ludwig. And if anyone would care to reimburse me..... 

Later, says Gaius. Keep a tab. Now Arthur, what do you think?

Notio habeo / Ego amatus Terentio/ Votum donabit mihi. 

Terence won't like it, says Arthur.

I was aiming for authenticity, says Gaius. Not to please Terence.

Is it about me? asks Terence, squeezing sauce into his water.

Ego amatus Terentio, says Arthur. I am loved by Terence.

No you're not, says Terence. 

Terentio is you in Latin, says Arthur. 

Not always, says Gaius. Terentius, Terentium, Terentii, Terentio....

Who's loved by me? asks Terence.

The crystal, says Arthur. 

It was, says Terence. Now I love the snake bracelet.

Good, says Gaius. Then you won't mind if you hear it in English.

 And you won't win because you've been cheating, says Terence.

It's my own work, says Gaius. These are the words of the crystal:

I have a notion/ Terence loves me/ He will give one wish back to me.

Woop! says Terence.

Nice thought, says Sweezus. You got into the head of the crystal.

Gaius ignores Terence's Woop, and is pleased.


No comments: